All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a longtime Austin resident and writer for the Texas Historical Commission, Andy Rhodes knows the best ways to experience the Lone Star State. In keeping with the everything is bigger in Texas motif the state is famous for, Rhodes covers a colossal amount of sights and activities, including catching up-and-coming indie bands at Austin's South by Southwest music festival and exploring the rugged landscape of Big Bend National Park. Rhodes also offers unique trip strategies that help travellers plan trips according to their interests, such as Texas Food,an exploration of Southern cooking and Tex-Mex,and Overlooked Natural Wonders. With detailed information on everything from surfing and fishing the Gulf Coast to checking out museums in Dallas, Moon Texas gives travellers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyAndy Rhodes has been living and traveling in Texas since 1994. He calls Austin home, but regularly explores the Texas Hill Country, East Texas pine forests, and Gulf Coast beaches. His favorite destination is the Big Bend region of far West Texas, where the enormous sky and rugged mountains beckon with solace, serenity, and low humidity. Since 2002, Andy has served as editor of the Texas Historical Commission's magazine, The Medallion, offering him an opportunity to experience the Lone Star State's compelling heritage in colossal cities and tiny towns. Andy's freelance articles have been published in Home & Away, American Cowboy, and Austin Monthly magazines. He has also served as a travel expert for The Guardian. In 2009, Andy was named a featured author at the prestigious Texas Book Festival. Andy earned a journalism degree from Miami University in 1993. He lives in Austin with his wife, Paula, and sons, Max and Daniel.
- Author(s)Andy Rhodes
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication18/11/2014
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintMoon Travel
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos, maps throughout
- Weight470 g
- Width142 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement8th edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.