All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Sophia Vasalou
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of Contents*FrontMatter, pg. i*Contents, pg. vii*Preface, pg. ix*Acknowledgments, pg. xiii*1. The Framework: The Mu'tazilites, pg. 1*2. Reading Mu'tazilite Ethics, pg. 12*3. Theology as Law, pg. 38*4. The Basran Mu'tazilite Approach to Desert, pg. 67*5. Moral Continuity and the Justification of Punishment, pg. 116*6. The Identity of Beings in Basran Mu tazilite Eschatology, pg. 157*Appendix. Translation From Mankdim Shashdiw, The Promise And The Threat, In Sharh Al-Usulal-Khamsa, pg. 181*Notes, pg. 197*Bibliography, pg. 239*Index, pg. 247
- Author BiographySophia Vasalou is research fellow in philosophy at Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge.
- PrizesWinner of Albert Hourani Book Award 2009.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.