All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh analysis of the just war tradition that addresses key contemporary security challenges, including the changing nature of war, military pre-emption and torture, the morality of the Iraq war, and humanitarian intervention.
- Author BiographyDavid Fisher is a Visiting Senior Fellow at Kings College, London where he has recently completed a PhD in War Studies. He has served in senior positions in the Ministry of Defence, Foreign Office and Cabinet Office, including defence adviser to the Prime Minister in the Cabinet Office and the UK Defence Counsellor to NATO. He is co-Chairman of the Council on Christian Approaches to Defence and Disarmament. He regularly contributes to books and journal on defence and ethical issues. He is the author of Morality and the Bomb, written when he was a research fellow at Nuffield College, Oxford, and has recently co-edited Just War on Terror? examining how the new global threat of terrorism can be combated both effectively and justly.
- PrizesWinner of Political Studies Association W.J.M. Mackenzie Book Prize 2012.
- Author(s)David Fisher
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight492 g
- Width170 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.85
- £25.99Trending at £26.47
- £22.29Trending at £22.72
- £2.81Trending at £2.86
- £10.30Trending at £10.54
- £16.61Trending at £16.87
- £14.50Trending at £20.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.