Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
- £31.88Trending at £40.03
- £12.58Trending at £19.05
- £14.54Trending at £19.29
- £19.44Trending at £30.00
About this product
- Author(s)Walter B. Harris
- PublisherEland Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEland Publishing Ltd
- Author BiographyWalter Harris was born in London in 1866, one of seven children of a prosperous business man. After schooling at Harrow and a short time at Cambridge, he left England to travel, and managed to visit Constantinople, India, Egypt, Archangel, Yemen and South Africa before settling in Tangier at the age of 20. He worked as a journalist, eventually salaried on The Times, continued to travel, like an English Indiana Jones, to areas of the Middle East never previously visited by Europeans, and built four houses in Tangier. He married once, though he was predominantly homosexual, and died of a stroke in 1933.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.