CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number92
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1473 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byHarold Morris
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsSection I: Overview of Knowledge by Assessments from the System of Morris Minimal Deviation Hepatomas.- Historical Development of Transplantable Hepatomas.- Contribution of the Morris Hepatomas to the Biochemistry of Cancer- Establishment of the Phenotypic Heterogeneity of Neoplasms InVivo.- The Morris Hepatomas as Models for Studies of Gene Expression in Neoplasia.- Hormonal Induction of Enzyme Functions, Cyclic AMP Levels and AIB Transport in Morris Hepatomas and in Normal Liver Systems.- The Molecular Correlation Concept of Neoplasia: Recent Advances and New Challenges.- Expression Mechanisms of Abnormality of Ornithine Aminotransferase Level in Morris Hepatoma.- Section II: Nuclear Composition.- Controls of Nucleolar Function in Cancer Cells.- Nuclear Macromolecular Changes in Hepatomas.- Enzymatic Modification of Nuclear Proteins During Neoplastic Growth.- Section III: Regulations of Nuclear Functioning.- Regualtion of DNA Synthesis in Isolated Morris Hepatoma Nuclei.- DNA-Dependent RNA Polymerases from Morris Hepatomas 3924A and 7800 and from Liver Treated with Thioacetamide.- Regulation of Macromolecular Syntheis in Morris Hepatomas.- Control of Specific Messenger RNA Species in Liver and Hepatoma.- Section IV: Intracellular Organelles and Membranes.- Alterations in Peroxisomes of Hepatomas.- Hexokinase: The Direct Link Between Mitochondrial and Glycolytic Reactions in Rapidly Growing Cancer Cells.- The Composition and Metabolism of Microsomal and Mitochondrial Membrane Lipids in the Morris 7777 Hepatoma.- Terminal Sugars in Glycoconjugates: Metabolism of Free and Protein Bound L-Fucose, N-Acetylneuraminic Acid, and D-Galactose in Liver and Morris Hepatomas.- Surface Membranes and Biological Regulation in Differentiated Hepatoma Cells InVitro.- Section V: Regulation of Cytoplasmic Functioning.- Regualtion of Cyclic AMP and Cyclic GMP in Morris Hepatomas and Liver.- Cyclic Nucleotide Metabolism in Solid Tumor Tissues.- Transfer RNA in Hepatomas.- The Synthesis and Secretion of Serum Albumin in Morris Hepatomas 5123tc and 9121.- Loss of Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Morris Hepatomas: A Potential Role for Cytoplasmic Binding Proteins.- Section VI: Vitamins, Minerals, and Diet.- Vitamin B6 Effect on the Growth of Morris Hepatomas and the Development of Enzymatic Activity.- Iron and Copper Metabolism in Cancer, as Exemplified by Changes in Ferritin and Ceruloplasmin in Rats with Transplantable Tumors.- Abnormal Dietary Regulation of Glutamine Synthetase in Morris Hepatomas.- Section VII: Experimental Therapy.- Solid Tumor Models for the Assessment of Different Treatment Modalities: Perturbations in the Kinetics of Tumor and Host Organ Cellular Regulation Demonstrated by Single and Combined Experimental Therapy.- Special Bibliography of Hepatoma Cell Lines.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.