All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.49Trending at £4.80
- £3.64Trending at £3.70
- £4.24Trending at £4.75
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the medical, scientific and philosophical theories behind the quest for the prolongation of human life. This book introduces an array of individuals - Rene Descartes, Benjamin Franklin, Jonathan Swift, Charles Darwin and Sigmund Freud as well as several unknown figures.
- Author BiographyDavid Haycock is Curator of Seventeenth-Century Imperial and Maritime Studies at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich. Previously a Wellcome Research Fellow in the History of Medicine at the London School of Economics, he is an established and prolific historian of culture and medicine.
- Author(s)David Boyd Haycock
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2008
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note24 b&w illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.