All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.91Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- DescriptionFour characters that are important symbols of religious expression in the American South are used to survey major themes of religion, race, and southern history. Harvey also draws on literature, mythology, and art to ponder the troubling meaning of religious freedom for slaves and later for blacks in the segregated South.
- Author BiographyPaul Harvey is a professor of history at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, USA. He is author or editor of numerous books including Freedom's Coming: Religious Culture and the Shaping of the South from the Civil War through the Civil Rights Era and The Columbia Guide to Religion in American History.
- Author(s)Paul Harvey
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note8 black & white photographs, 1 map
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.