CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.84Trending at £14.99
- £3.84Trending at £4.64
- £8.99Trending at £11.98
- £8.32Trending at £9.99
- £5.29Trending at £6.20
- £10.18Trending at £10.52
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Andrea Buchanan, Mother shock is the state in which many new parents exist during those first confusing, chaotic and often comical years of parenting. It is the clash between expectation and result, theory and reality. It is the twilight zone of 24-hour-a-day living where life is no longer neatly divided into day and night the triple-impact of hormonal imbalance, sleep deprivation, and physical exhaustion. It is the stress of trying to acclimate quickly to the immediacy of mothering a new conception of oneself, one's role in the family and in the world a fearful new level of responsibility, and a new delegation of domestic duties.In this much-needed and delightfully funny collection of essays, Buchanan shares the insight she gains as she moves through the stages of mother shock. From Fear of the Double Stroller and Confessions of a Bottle Feeder to I'm an Idiot and Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Playgroup, Buchanan details the unimaginably difficult and unbelievably rewarding process of becoming a mother.
- Author(s)Andrea J. Buchanan
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2003
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeal Press
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.