All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.97
- £8.21Trending at £10.48
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £16.82Trending at £23.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.95
- £8.84Trending at £12.95
- £7.75Trending at £7.96
About this product
- DescriptionDrew Faust offers a compellilng picture of the more than half-million women who belonged to the slaveholding families of the Confederacy, when every part of these women's lives became vexed and uncertain. Faust chronicles the clash of the old and the new within a group that was at once beneficiary and victim of the social order of the Old South.
- Author BiographyDrew Gilpin Faust is president of Harvard University. Her books includeSouthern Stories: Slaveholders in Peace and War and The Creation of Confederate Nationalism: Ideology and Identity in the Civil War South.
- Author(s)Drew Gilpin Faust
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.