All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of conceptual papers and data-based research studies investigate the dynamics of language learning motivation from a complex dynamic systems perspective. The chapters seek to answer the question of how we can understand motivation if we perceive it as a continuously changing and evolving entity rather than a fixed learner trait.
- Author BiographyZoltan Dornyei is Professor of Psycholinguistics at the School of English, University of Nottingham. He has published widely on various aspects of second language acquisition and language learning motivation including Motivation, Language Identity and the L2 Self (2009, edited with Ema Ushioda).Peter D. MacIntyre is Professor of Psychology at Cape Breton University, Canada. He has published widely in the areas of the psychology of communication, motivation, emotion, willingness to communicate, language acquisition and dynamic systems.Alastair Henry teaches at University West, Sweden and has a PhD in Language Education from the University of Gothenburg. His research focuses on motivation in third language learning and gender differences in L2 motivation.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume Number81
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight698 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAlastair Henry,Peter D. MacIntyre,Zoltan Dornyei
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.39Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.