All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her husband's death, Louise is thrown from a fine Liverpool house with servants to a small cottage near Hoylake. Her daughter, Celia, becomes an unpaid servant. Both women hope to be rescued by Edna, the daughter who married well and went to Brazil, but she arrives home a widow also.
- Author BiographyBorn in Cheshire, Helen Forrester, the eldest of seven children, made her home in Liverpool until emigrating to Canada. She is the author of four bestselling volumes of autobiography and a number of equally successful novels.
- Author(s)Helen Forrester
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/12/1996
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/11/2008
- Weight204 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £9.25Trending at £10.69
- £15.32Trending at £19.98
- £11.83Trending at £13.48
- £5.50Trending at £7.98
- £7.73Trending at £8.99
- £5.04Trending at £6.99
- £4.11Trending at £4.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.