All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleStudies in Theology, Society and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJoe Egan,Patrick Claffey
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Mario I. Aguilar: The Kairos of Medellin: Towards a Movement for Liberation and New Mission after Vatican II - David Tombs: Latin American Liberation Theology: Moment, Movement, Legacy - Peter C. Phan: Living for the Reign of God: Liberation, Cultures, Religions. A Theology of Liberation for the Asian Churches - Elochukwu E. Uzukwu: From Nobody to Somebody: The Pertinence of African Liberation Theology - Maria Duffy: 'In No Man's Land': The Option for the Poor and the Crisis of Globalisation - Mary Grey: The Journey is Always Home: Feminist Theology's Journey from Liberation to Reconciliation - Tina Beattie: The End of Woman: Gender, Rights and God beyond Modernity - James Corkery: Joseph Ratzinger on Liberation Theology: What Did He Say? Why Did He Say It? What Can Be Said About It? - Joe Egan: From Moment to Moment: Liberation Theology and the Demise of Neolithic Man - Patrick Claffey: Looking Back, Moving Forward.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Patrick Claffey worked as a missionary in Togo (1977-1986) and the Republic of Benin (1997-2002) where his pastoral work focused on linguistic research and rural development. He did postgraduate research at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London (1999-2004), specialising in the area of African Christianity and socio-political development. He is currently Head of the Department of Mission Theology and Cultures, Milltown Institute, Dublin, and author of Christian Churches in Dahomey-Benin: A Study of their Socio-political Role (2007). Joe Egan completed his undergraduate studies in science and theology at St Patrick's College, Maynooth, before serving as a priest of the Society of African Missions in pastoral ministry in Nigeria (1980-1984). He resumed his theological studies in Rome, before returning to West Africa to teach theology in St Paul's College-Seminary and at campuses in Liberia and Sierra Leone. Returning to Ireland in 1996, he lectured in theology at the Kimmage Mission Institute until its alliance with the Milltown Institute in 2003 where he now lectures in the Department of Mission Theology and Culture. He is author of The Godless Delusion (Peter Lang, 2009).
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £110.11
- £15.92Trending at £20.29
- £23.12Trending at £32.23
- £20.66Trending at £21.99
- £10.25Trending at £16.06
- £11.90Trending at £16.21
- £11.18Trending at £13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.