All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Alirio Egidio Rodrigues,Jaime Duarte Rodrigues,Maria do Carmo Coimbra,Rui Jorge Mendes Robalo,Rui Manuel Almeida
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Table Of Contents1. Modeling and Simulation in Chemical Engineering. The Evolution of Chemical Engineering (ChE)Philosophy of Process Modeling. The Art of Modeling. Model Classification of Levenspiel: $10, $100, and $1000 Models. Process Simulation. Conclusions. Bibliography. 2. The Moving Finite Elements Method. Mathematical Models. The MFEM in One-Dimensional (1D) Space Domain. The MFEM in Higher Dimensions. Conclusions. Bibliography. 3. Solving 1D Time-Dependent Models. Introduction, Description, and Implementation of MFEM Code. Burgers' Equation. A Boundary Layer Problem. A Problem from Mathematical Biology. Reactive-Diffusive System. A Convection-Diffusion-Reaction Problem in a Catalytic Particle. Carbon Mask Adsorptive Reactor. A Nonisothermal Tubular Catalytic Reactor Problem. Separation of Optical Isomers by Chromatography. Pressurization of Adsorption Beds. Conclusions. Bibliography. 4. Solving 2D Time-Dependent Problems. Introduction, Description, and Implementation. 2D Burgers' Equation. 2D Reaction-Diffusion Equation. 2D Burgers' System. A Problem from Heat Transfer in a Fixed Bed. Conclusions. Bibliography. 5. Solving Two Scales 1D+1d Time-Dependent Problems. Introduction, Description, and Implementation. Fixed-Bed Adsorption Model. Phenol Adsorption on Polymeric Adsorbents. Conclusions. Bibliography. 6. Solving Moving Boundary Problems. Moving Boundary Problems. Melting and Freezing Problems. The Shrinking Core Model. Causticizing Reaction. Hydride Electrodes. Swelling of Wool Grease. Frank Spheres Problem. Solidification with Transition Temperature Range. Conclusions. Bibliography. 7. Looking Ahead. Bibliography. 8. Index.
- Author BiographyAlirio E. Rodrigues is an emeritus professor in the Laboratory of Separation and Reaction Engineering at the University of Porto, Portugal. Maria do Carmo Coimbra has been working in the area of numerical analysis since 1993. Her research focuses on computational mathematics for the solution of challenging problems arising in chemical engineering. She has been involved in high performance computing and development of numerical software to solve nonlinear partial differential equations at the Associate Laboratory LSRE-LCM. Her research interests include moving finite element method and its applications to time-dependent differential equations in one- or two-dimensional spatial domains including moving boundary problems. She is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Porto, Faculty of Engineering, Portugal.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.