Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £9.72Trending at £13.02
- £14.73Trending at £16.88
- £13.12Trending at £15.18
- £11.79Trending at £12.99
- £11.27Trending at £16.99
- £6.54Trending at £6.99
- £6.95Trending at £7.12
About this product
- DescriptionDischarged from active duty after the signing of the peace treaty with France in 1801 Michael Fitton is married and eking out a living as a farmer when he is called back into service with the Royal Navy as Britain embarks on war with France once more.
- Author BiographyShowell Styles was born Frank Showell Styles in 1908. His childhood was spent in the Welsh hills and he became an avid mountaineer and explorer. During the war, Styles joined the Navy and was posted in the Mediterranean, but even there he walked and climbed as much as he could. An aspiring writer, Styles already had articles published in Punch, before setting out toe make his living as an author. His first novel, Traitor's Mountain, was a murder mystery set on and around Tryfan in Wales. He became a prolific writer with over 160 books published. As well as books on mountains such as The Mountaineer's Weekend Book, he wrote detective fiction under the pseudonym of Glyn Carr, and humorous pieces as C.L. Inker. Showell Styles died in 2005.
- Author(s)Showell Styles F.R.G.S.
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Lieutenant Michael Fitton Adventures
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight210 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.