Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £21.95
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the verdict of the Cultural Revolution as a disaster for China, a number of scholars have called for reexamining socialist science under Mao's aegis. This collection examines the viewpoints on social and scientific enterprises of that era, probing medicine, the space program and the one-child policy as outcomes of earlier Maoist science.
- Author BiographyChunjuan Nancy Wei is associate professor and chair of the International Political Economy & Diplomacy program at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut, with a Ph.D. from Claremont Graduate University, and her work appears in New Dynamics in East Asian Politics (2012). Darryl E. Brock is a Ph.D. candidate in modern history at Fordham University in New York City, with an M.A. in history from Claremont Graduate University, and is author of the book China and Darwinian Evolution: Influence on Intellectual and Social Development (2010).
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight808 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byChunjuan Nancy Wei,Darryl E. Brock
- Foreword byJoseph Warren Dauben
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.