All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMrs Palfrey arrives at the Claremont Hotel where she will spend her remaining days. Her fellow residents are magnificently flawed and eccentric. Together, they fight off their twin enemies: boredom and the Grim Reaper. Then one day Mrs Palfrey encounters the handsome young writer, Ludo.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Taylor (1912-1975) was born and educated in Reading. After leaving school she worked as a governess and later in a library. She lived much of her married life in the village of Penn in Buckinghamshire. In 1984 ANGEL was selected by the Book Marketing Council's 'Best Novels of Our Time'.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Taylor
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication24/06/1982
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date28/02/2006
- Weight171 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.95Trending at £8.98
- £4.89Trending at £6.81
- £9.06Trending at £10.43
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £4.66Trending at £7.98
- £4.59Trending at £8.48
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.