CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.99Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.62Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionDraws on a broad spectrum of molecular biologic, biochemical, and immunogenetic approaches in combination with human and murine in vitro cell culture and in vivo model systems to address questions in mucosal immunity. This book presents a reference of the knowledge of the biology of IgA.
- Author BiographyDr. Charlotte Kaetzel received her PhD and postdoctoral training in biochemistry and cell biology from the University of Maryland. Her introduction into the world of immunology came with her first faculty appointment in 1983 in the Department of Pathology at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. Under the mentorship of department chair Michael Lamm, a world leader in IgA biology, she applied the emerging tools of biochemistry and molecular biology to the study of IgA transport across epithelial cells of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. Now a professor in the Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Dr. Kaetzel's research is devoted to understanding the basic science and clinical relevance of IgA in maintenance of homeostasis in the gastrointestinal tract. Her research has been funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Dr. Kaetzel has served on advisory panels for a number governmental agencies and private foundations, and as an Associate Editor for The Journal of Immunology, the official journal of the American Association of Immunologists. A charter member of the Society for Mucosal Immunology, Dr. Kaetzel is currently serving as Associate Editor for its flagship journal, Mucosal Immunology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight807 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharlotte S. Kaetzel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.