Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £5.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by theentertainmentstore
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Henry McAllan moves his city-bred wife, Laura, to a cotton farm in the Mississippi Delta in 1946, she finds herself in a place both foreign and frightening. Henry's love of rural life is not shared by Laura, who struggles to raise their two young children in an isolated shotgun shack under the eye of her hateful, racist father-in-law.
- Author BiographyHillary Jordan is the author of two novels: MUDBOUND (2008) and WHEN SHE WOKE (2011), as well as the digital short Aftermirth (2012). MUDBOUND won the 2006 Bellwether Prize for fiction, founded by Barbara Kingsolver to recognize debut novels of social justice, and an Alex Award from the American Library Association. It was a 2013 World Book Night selection, and PASTE Magazine named it one of the Top Ten Debut Novels of the Decade. WHEN SHE WOKE was one of BookPage's Best Books of 2011, a Booklist Editor's Choice for Best Fiction of 2011 and a Lamda Award finalist. Both novels were long-listed for the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award. They have been translated into 10 languages. Hillary received her BA from Wellesley College in 1984 and her MFA from Columbia University in 2004. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.
- PrizesShort-listed for Galaxy British Book Awards: Waterstone's New Writer of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)Hillary Jordan
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight234 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £12.18Trending at £15.15
- £3.59Trending at £7.00
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £7.92Trending at £10.96
- £7.36Trending at £9.00
- £4.39Trending at £6.30
- £6.27Trending at £8.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.