All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Stella, an advice columnist for a teenage magazine. Stella's friends assume she does not have any problems of her own and deluge her with their woes - Abigail, deserted by her husband moves in with Stella, but then starts to move in on Stella's husband.
- Author BiographyJudy Astley was frequently told off for day-dreaming at her drearily traditional school but has found it to be the ideal training for becoming a writer. There were several false-starts to her career: secretary at an all-male Oxford college (sacked for undisclosable reasons), at an airline (decided, after a crash and a hijacking, that she was safer elsewhere) and as a dress designer (quit before anyone noticed she was adapting Vogue patterns). She spent some years as a parent and as a painter before sensing that the day was approaching when she'd have to go out and get a Proper Job. With a nagging certainty that she was temperamentally unemployable, and desperate to avoid office coffee, having to wear tights every day and missing out on sunny days on Cornish beaches with her daughters, she wrote her first novel, Just for the Summer. She has now had eleven novels published by Black Swan.
- Author(s)Judy Astley
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/1997
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Out-of-print date03/10/2014
- Weight210 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.78
- £1.63Trending at £2.20
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £6.10Trending at £6.85
- £4.08Trending at £4.17
- £3.43Trending at £4.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.