Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £15.71Trending at £18.79
- £110.81Trending at £125.00
- £6.34Trending at £6.52
- £6.09Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £7.49Trending at £10.22
- £23.44Trending at £34.99
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Powers claims that the need for Muhammad to be the seal of all prophets, combined with the fact that Muhammad apparently had an adopted son, Zayd, created a situation that drove early transmitters of the Qur'an to introduce a group of interrelated deletions, additions, and emendations into certain passages of the text.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Powers is Professor of Near Eastern Studies at Cornell University. He is author of Law, Society and Culture in the Maghrib, 1300-1500.
- Author(s)David S. Powers
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleDivinations: Rereading Late Ancient Religion
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note7 illus.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.