All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the Oxford Neurology Library series, this practical pocketbook will summarise the latest understanding of what might cause the disease, the methods of diagnosis and assessment, and current management techniques.
- Author BiographyNeil Scolding qualified in medicine in Cardiff in 1982, and then completed a PhD in 1989, also in Cardiff. He trained in neurology in Cardiff, in Cambridge, and at the National Hospital for Neurological Diseases in London, then was a Consultant Senior Lecturer in Neurology at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge in 1996. In 1999 he moved to Bristol as the foundation chair-holder in the Burden Professorship of Clinical Neurosciences. He has established a research team in Bristol at Frenchay Hospital whose main focus of interest continues to be multiple sclerosis - more specifically, developing and testing adult stem cell therapy for MS. Dr Alastair Wilkins is Senior Lecturer in Neurology, University of Bristol and Honorary Consultant Neurologist at Frenchay Hospital, Bristol. He trained in medicine at Cambridge University, where he also did a PhD concerned with mechanisms of axon degeneration in multiple sclerosis. His neurology training was in Norwich, Cambridge and the National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, London. He has done post-doctoral research at University of Cambridge and the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA. His research interests include understanding disease mechanisms in progressive multiple sclerosis and design of new therapies for this stage of the disease.
- Author(s)Alastair Wilkins,Neil Scolding
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Neurology Library
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous illustrations
- Weight106 g
- Width131 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £78.70
- £25.00Trending at £38.28
- £14.52Trending at £18.55
- £17.90Trending at £19.89
- £24.53Trending at £25.24
- £28.56Trending at £32.24
- £29.31Trending at £31.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.