Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
About this product
- DescriptionA shocking look at how the idea of romantic love can justify and excuse the killing of women by their partners, and lead to sympathy and reduced sentences for the killers. The author explores how stories of domestic homicide are told in the news, by the police, and in the courts, drawing from 72 cases which took place over a twelve month period.
- Author BiographyDR JANE MONCKTON SMITH Senior Lecturer in Criminology with the University of Gloucestershire, UK,and a former police officer. She is also author of Relating Rape and Murder: Narratives of Sex, Death and Gender (Palgrave Macmillan).
- Author(s)Jane Monckton Smith
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.