All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of an encyclopedic museum was born of the enlightenment, a manifestation of European society's growing belief that the spread of knowledge, promotion of intellectual inquiry, and trust in individual agency were crucial to human development and the future of a rational society. This title takes us on a brief tour of the modern museum.
- Author BiographyJames Cuno is president and CEO of the J. Paul Getty Trust. He served as president and director of the Art Institute of Chicago from 2004 until 2011, the Courtauld Institute of Art from 2002 until 2004, and the Harvard University Art Museums from 1991 to 2002.
- Author(s)James Cuno
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThe Rice University Campbell Lectures
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note4 colour plates, 10 halftones
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.04
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.