All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £29.90Trending at £32.37
- £23.74Trending at £28.01
- £12.77Trending at £16.90
- £13.92Trending at £18.93
- £3.99Trending at £4.87
- £4.02Trending at £4.97
- £8.15Trending at £9.00
About this product
- DescriptionMuseums are usually seen as arenas for the authorised presentations of reality, based on serious, professional knowledge. Yet, in spite of the impossibility of giving anything but a highly abstract and extremely selective impression in an exhibition, very few museums problematize this or discuss their priorities with their public.
- Author BiographyAnnette B. Fromm, PhD, a folklorist and museum specialist, has over thirty years of experience in small and large museums and community-based projects in Ohio, Oklahoma, and Florida, with emphasis ranging from ethnic cultural diversity to historic preservation. She is the immediate past President of the International Committee for Museums of Ethnography (ICME). Fromm is the Coordinator of the Graduate Certificate in Museum Studies program at Florida International University. Viv Golding holds a PhD in Museum Studies. She is Director of the Learning and Visitor Studies program and Senior Lecturer at the University of Leicester School of Museum Studies, which she joined in 2002, and was elected as Chair of ICME in 2013. Her research interests center on diversity, and she publishes widely on this theme. Her most recent publications include Museum and Communities: Curators, Collections Collaboration (2013) and Learning at the Museum Frontiers: Identity Race and Power (2009). Per B. Rekdal is currently Senior Advisor at the Museum of Cultural History, University of Oslo. He has served as Director of the University Museum of Ethnography, as Head of Exhibitions, Education and Public Services of the Museum of Cultural History, and as Chair of ICME from 1998-2004.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnnette B. Fromm,Per B. Rekdal,Viv Golding
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.