All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £92.81
- £9.68Trending at £11.68
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the urban and rural spaces in which music is experienced, produced and consumed. Important discourses are explored concerning national culture and identity, as well as how identity is constructed through the exchanges that occur between displaced peoples of the world's many diasporas.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sheila Whiteley is Chair of Popular Music at the University of Salford, UK. Dr Andy Bennett is Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Surrey, UK. Professor Stan Hawkins is Lecturer in Musicology at the University of Osio, Norway.
- Author(s)Andy Bennett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2005
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAshgate Popular and Folk Music Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 5 b&w illustrations and 6 music examples
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySheila Whiteley,Stan Hawkins
- Series Edited byProfessor Derek B. Scott,Professor Stan Hawkins,Professor Lori Burns
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.