All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.94
- £13.01Trending at £19.95
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.16
- £4.99Trending at £9.75
About this product
- DescriptionOpera and musical theater dominated French culture in the 1800s, and the influential stage music that emerged from this period helped make Paris, as Walter Benjamin put it, the 'capital of the nineteenth century'. This book explores the institutions that shaped Parisian music and extended its influence across Europe, the Americas, and Australia.
- Author BiographyAnnegret Fauser is professor of music at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Mark Everist is professor of music at the University of Southampton.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note37 halftones, 5 musical examples, 16 tables
- Weight971 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAnnegret Fauser,Mark Everist
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.