Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.79
- £21.13Trending at £29.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.86
- £18.23Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for the musicianship portion of the freshman theory sequence, Benjamin/Horvit/Nelson, this title presents music that is chosen to challenge and not overwhelm.
- Author BiographyRobert S. Nelson teaches music theory and composition at the Moores School of Music, University of Houston. A composer in residence and music director of the Houston Shakespeare Festival for 17 seasons, he has also received numerous commissions for compositions and arrangements for the Houston Symphony Orchestra. Thomas E. Benjamin has recently retired as Chair of the Department of Music Theory at the Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University. A composer, conductor, performer, and music theorist with more than 40 compositions published and recorded, he also holds fellowships and awards from the MacDowell Colony, Yaddo, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Michael Horvit is Professor Emeritus of Composition and Theory at the Moores School of Music, University of Houston. His works range from solo instrumental and vocal pieces to large symphonic and choral compositions and operas, all widely performed in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Israel. He has published with C.F. Peters, MorningStar, Recital Publications, Shawnee Press, E.C. Schirmer, Southern, and Transcontinental, and has CDs with the Albany label. Horvit's awards include the Martha Baird Rockefeller Award as well as the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Author(s)Michael M. Horvit,Robert S. Nelson,Thomas E. Benjamin
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- Language(s)English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Latin
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date04/05/2017
- Weight782 g
- Width230 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement5th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.