All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.93
- £66.16Trending at £92.94
- £9.68Trending at £10.07
- £14.25Trending at £15.00
- £16.59Trending at £25.32
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
About this product
- Author(s)Dr. Nicoletta Demetriou,Jim Samson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface; Introduction, Jim Samson; The cultures of partition and the partition of cultures, Yiannis Papadakis and Mete Hatay; One music, two labels, Effie Tsangaridou; Appropriating culture: traditional music and the Greek Cypriots, Nicoletta Demetriou; Transforming culture: traditional music and the Turkish Cypriots, Bekir AzgA+-n; The Ottoman legacy, Eralp AdanA+-r; The emergence of European music, Anastasia Hasikou; Compositional histories, Vasilis Kallis; The organizational field of art music, Kenneth Owen Smith; Keravnaphone records: in pursuit of the Cypriot groove, Mike Hajimichael; Index.
- Author BiographyJim Samson is Emeritus Professor of Music at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. He has published widely on the music of Chopin and Liszt, on analytical and aesthetic topics in nineteenth- and twentieth-century music, and on the cultural history of East Central and South Eastern Europe. Nicoletta Demetriou is Research Fellow in Ethnomusicology and Life Writing at Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK. She has written on the impact of ideology on Greek-Cypriot traditional music discourse and practice, as well as on the history and historiography of traditional music in Cyprus.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.