All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Music in the Primary School, a standard handbook for many years, was completed by the author in 2007. It contains new research, with the same practical application (for musicians and non-specialists alike), and takes into account requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Author BiographyDr Janet Mills began her career teaching music (and mathematics) in a comprehensive school in West Yorkshire. Subsequently, she was a teacher educator at Westminster College in Oxford and the University of Exeter. Her work as an HM Inspector of Schools included observation of more than 1000 instrumental lessons and the development and implementation - with instrumental teachers - of the first national system for inspecting Local Authority Instrumental Music Services. Along the way, she learnt violin and singing, and taught herself to play several other instruments. Janet Mills was a Research Fellow at the Royal College of Music in London and in 2004 won a National Teaching Fellowship. She wrote Music in the School (2005), Music in the Primary School (1991), and many articles in books, magazines, and research journals.
- Author(s)Janet Mills
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleOxford Music Education
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight306 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.62
- £7.58Trending at £7.73
- £10.14Trending at £14.17
- £9.72Trending at £14.97
- £16.38Trending at £29.34
- £11.25Trending at £16.94
- £12.08Trending at £14.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.