All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.91Trending at £5.11
- £7.98Trending at £8.07
- £7.25Trending at £7.99
- £3.89Trending at £6.99
- £16.02Trending at £22.02
- £11.65Trending at £16.99
- £28.00Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionIt is undeniable that technology has made a tangible impact on the nature of musical listening. This volume offers a wide-ranging exploration of the relations between sound, technology and listening practices, considered from the complementary perspectives of art music and popular music, music theatre and multimedia, composition and performance.
- Author BiographyGianmario Borio is Professor of Musicology at the University of Pavia and Director of the Institute of Music at the Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice. In 1999 he was awarded the Dent Medal by the Royal Musical Association. In 2013, he was Distinguished Visiting Professor at The Italian Academy for Advanced Studies in America. His publications deal with several aspects of the music of the twentieth century, including theory, aesthetics, political background and the audiovisual experience; as well as the history of musical concepts and the theory of musical form. He is a Fellow of the Academia Europaea.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusical Cultures of the Twentieth Century
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 82 b&w illustrations and 3 music examples
- Weight954 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byProfessor Gianmario Borio
- Series Edited byProfessor Gianmario Borio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.