All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £25.05
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £8.66Trending at £10.34
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionMusic continues to be immensely influential in key developments of theatrical practices. In this study of musicality in the theatre, David Roesner offers a revised view of the nature of the relationship between music and theatre. The theoretical scope of the book is developed from a wide range of case studies.
- Author BiographyDavid Roesner is a Professor at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munich, and co-director of the European Theatre Research Network. In 2007 he won the Thurnau Award for Music-Theatre Studies for his article 'The politics of the polyphony of performance'. Recent publications include Theatre Noise (with Lynne Kendrick, 2011) and Composed Theatre (with Matthias Rebstock, 2012).
- Author(s)David Roesner,Professor Roberta Montemorra Marvin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2014
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleAshgate Interdisciplinary Studies in Opera
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 13 b&w illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.