All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn innovative study which explores how the presence of Muslim communities transformed Europe and stimulated Christian society to define itself.
- Author BiographyBrian Catlos spent over a decade living and travelling in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia before completing his PhD (Medieval Studies, Toronto) and joining the History Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is a former President of the American Academy of Research Historians of Medieval Spain, Co-Director of the Mediterranean Seminar, PI of the University of California Multi-Campus Research Project on Mediterranean Studies, an affiliate of the UCLA Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, an associate of Spain's national research council (CSIC), and a member of several journal boards. He has published extensively on religious minorities and Christian-Muslim-Jewish relations in medieval Europe and the Islamic world, and has received numerous grants and awards, including an NEH Faculty Fellowship. His first academic book, The Victors and the Vanquished, was awarded two prizes by the American Historical Association, and recent articles, 'The de Reys' and 'Accursed, Superior Men', won the Bishko Prize and the Webb Prize. In 2009 he was appointed to Religious Studies at the University of Colorado, Boulder, with cross-appointments in Jewish Studies and Humanities. He appeared in the PBS documentary 'Cities of Light', and writes travel guide books.
- PrizesWinner of Albert Hourani Book Award, Middle East Studies Association 2014.
- Author(s)Brian A. Catlos
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 8 maps
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.49Trending at £12.25
- £12.31Trending at £13.95
- £11.95Trending at £17.53
- £10.32Trending at £18.93
- £9.52Trending at £12.90
- £6.76Trending at £12.01
- £19.44Trending at £30.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.