All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStep-by-step instructions and full-color screenshots walk users through everything Palm Pre. Packed with tips, tricks, and links to great online resources, this handbook covers advanced features, troubleshooting, and workarounds for Pre's limitations.
- Author BiographyCraig James Johnston has been involved with technology since his high school days at Glenwood High in Durban, South Africa, when his school was given some Apple 2 Euro Pluses. From that moment, technology captivated him, and he has owned, supported, evangelized, and written about it ever since. Craig has been involved in designing and supporting large-scale enterprise networks with integrated email and directory services since 1989. Craig has held many different IT-related positions in his career, ranging from sales support engineer to mobile engineering a 35,000-smartphone infrastructure at a large bank. In addition to designing and supporting mobile computing environments, Craig writes about them for Smartphone Essentials and CrackBerry.com, a leading BlackBerry blog. Craig also co-hosts the CrackBerry.com podcast and his own Mobile Computing Authority podcast.You can also see Craig's previous published work in his books Professional BlackBerry and My BlackBerry Curve. Craig enjoys high-horsepower, high-speed vehicles and tries very hard to keep to the speed limits while driving them. Originally from Durban, South Africa, Craig has lived in the United Kingdom, the San Francisco Bay Area, and New Jersey, where he now lives with his wife Karen and a couple of cats. Joe Hutsko is the author of Green Gadgets for Dummies and Macs All-in-One for Dummies, Second Edition. For more than two decades, Joe has written about computers, gadgets, and video games for numerous publications and websites, including The New York Times, Macworld, PC World, Fortune, Newsweek, Popular Science, TV Guide, The Washington Post, Wired, Gamespot, MSNBC, and Salon. Joe's first novel, The Deal,was recently rereleased in trade paperback with a new foreword by the author (tinyurl.com/hutskodeal), and you can find links to Joe's stories on his tech blog, JOEyGADGET.com. As a kid, Joe built a shortwave radio, played with electronic project kits, and learned the basics of the BASIC programming language on his first computer, the Commodore Vic 20. In his teens, he picked strawberries to buy his first Apple II computer. Four years after that purchase (in 1984), he wound up working for Apple, where he became the personal technology guru for the company's chairman and CEO. Joe left Apple in 1988 to become a writer and worked on and off for other high-tech companies, including Steve Jobs' one-time NeXT. He authored a number of video game strategy guides, including the bestsellers Donkey Kong Country Game Secrets: The Unauthorized Edition and Rebel Assault: The Official Insiders Guide. All comments, suggestions, and feedback are welcome, including positive and negative.
- Author(s)Craig James Johnston,Joe Hutsko
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Out-of-print date09/02/2016
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £13.83Trending at £19.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.