All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £4.69Trending at £4.75
- £3.74Trending at £4.86
- £4.74Trending at £6.99
- £2.80Trending at £3.14
- £2.81Trending at £2.99
- £5.98Trending at £6.99
- £5.36Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of Clara, a five-thousand-pound animal and her owner, an eighteenth-century Dutch sea captain, which begins in India and follows this animal and her owner through their exploits in Berlin, where she met Frederick the Great), Paris, where she inspired rhinoceros hairdos, and, finally Venice, where she joined in the annual Carnival.
- Author BiographyMary Tavener Holmes is an independent scholar from New York who specialises in French eighteenth-century paintings and drawings. She is the author of numerous publications, including Nicolas Lancret: Dance Before a Fountain and A Magic Mirror: The Portrait in France, 1700-1900, with George T. M. Shackelford. Jon Cannell is the owner of Jon Cannell Design and Illustration. He has worked for such clients as Starbucks Coffee Company, Chronicle Books, the Harvard Business Review, and UNICEF.
- Author(s)Mary Tavener Holmes
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ Paul Getty Trust Publications,US
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width255 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Cannell
- Interest Age5 -9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.