All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Gary Rosenzweig
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Out-of-print date12/01/2012
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight626 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 Getting Started 3 The iPad Buttons and Switches 4 The Home Button 4 The Wake/Sleep Button 5 The Volume Control 6 The Side Switch 6 Orientation and Movement 7 Screen Gestures 7 Tapping and Touching 8 Pinching 8 Dragging and Flicking 8 iPad Screens 9 The Lock Screen 9 The Home Screen 10 An App Screen 10 The Search Screen 11 The Settings Screen 12 Interacting with Your iPad 13 Common Interface Elements 13 Using the On Screen Keyboard 15 Editing Text 16 Copy and Paste 17 Chapter 2 Customizing Your iPad 21 Changing Your Wallpaper 22 Getting Details About Your iPad 24 Setting Alert Sounds 26 Password Protecting Your iPad 28 Setting Parental Restrictions 30 Setting Side Switch Functionality 32 Setting Your Date and Time 33 Modifying Keyboard Settings 34 Changing Safari Settings 36 Changing iPod Settings 37 More Settings 38 Chapter 3 Networking and Syncing 41 Setting Up Your Wi-Fi Network Connection 42 Setting Up Your 3G Connection 44 Syncing with iTunes 46 Syncing Contacts, Calendars, and Other Information 48 Syncing Apps 50 Syncing Documents 51 Syncing Music 52 Syncing Photos 53 Syncing Using MobileMe 55 Chapter 4 Playing Music and Video 59 Playing a Song 60 Building a Playlist 63 Making iTunes Purchases 65 Downloading Podcasts 69 Playing Video 72 Viewing YouTube Videos 74 Using AirPlay to Play Music and Video on Other Devices 76 Home Sharing 77 Chapter 5 Reading Books 81 Buying a Book from Apple 82 Reading a Book 85 Using Reading Aids 87 Adding Notes and Highlights 89 Adding Bookmarks 91 Organizing Your Books 92 Using iBooks Alternatives 94 Chapter 6 Organizing Your Life 97 Adding a Contact 98 Searching for a Contact 100 Working with Contacts 101 Creating a Calendar Event 102 Using Calendar Views 105 Day View 105 Week View 106 Month View 107 List View 108 Creating Notes 109 Chapter 7 Surfing the Web 113 Browsing to a URL 114 Searching the Web 115 Viewing Web Pages 117 Returning to Previously Visited Websites 120 Bookmarking Websites 122 Delete Your Bookmarks 123 Delete a Single Bookmark 123 Another Way to Delete Bookmarks 124 Creating Home Screen Bookmarks 125 Filling in Web Forms 126 Opening Multiple Web Pages 129 Copying Text and Images from Web Pages 131 Using Images from Web Pages 132 Chapter 8 Communicating with Email 135 Configuring Your Email 136 Reading Your Email 139 Composing a New Message 140 Creating a Signature 141 Deleting and Moving Messages 142 Searching Email 143 Configuring How Email Is Received 144 More Email Settings 145 Chapter 9 Taking and Viewing Photos 149 Taking Photos 149 Using Photo Booth 152 Browsing Your Photos 154 Using the Photos App 157 Viewing Albums 159 Creating a Slideshow 160 Turning Your iPad into a Picture Frame 161 Capturing the Screen 163 Deleting Photos 164 Chapter 10 Recording Video 167 Shooting Video 168 Trimming Video Clips 170 Combining Clips in iMovie 171 Editing Transitions in iMovie 175 Adding Photos to Your Video in iMovie 177 Adding Video Titles in iMovie 180 Creating a FaceTime Account 181 Placing Video Calls with FaceTime 183 Receiving Video Calls with FaceTime 185 Chapter 11 Writing with Pages 189 Creating a New Document 190 Styling Text 192 Reusing Styles 195 Formatting Text 196 Creating Lists 198 Column Layouts 200 Inserting Images 201 Using Shapes in Documents 204 Creating Tables 205 Creating Charts 207 Document Setup 209 Transferring Documents to Pages with iTunes 210 Transferring Documents from Pages to iTunes 212 Chapter 12 Spreadsheets with Numbers 215 Creating a New Spreadsheet 216 Totaling Columns 220 Averaging Columns 221 Performing Calculations 225 Formatting Tables 226 Formatting Cells 226 Formatting Whole Tables 229 Using Headers and Footers 230 Creating Forms 231 Creating
- Author BiographyGary Rosenzweig is an Internet entrepreneur, software developer, and technology writer.He runs CleverMedia, Inc., which produces websites, computer games, and podcasts. CleverMedia's largest site,MacMost.com, features video tutorials for Apple enthusiasts. It includes many videos on using Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Gary has written numerous computer books, including ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, MacMost.com Guide to Switching to the Mac, and Special Edition Using Director MX. Gary lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife,Debby, and daughter, Luna. He has a computer science degree from Drexel University and a master's degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Website: http://garyrosenzweig.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/rosenz More iPad Tutorials and Book Updates: http://macmost.com/ipadguide/ .
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £21.44Trending at £21.84
- £19.50Trending at £25.49
- £15.92Trending at £22.84
- £21.47Trending at £22.95
- £18.19Trending at £18.73
- £18.07Trending at £21.24
- £13.43Trending at £19.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.