All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £16.38Was:£19.99Free postage
- £17.07Was:£19.99Free postage
About this product
- Author(s)Brad Miser
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/11/2016
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Weight1050 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1: Getting Started with Your iPhone 3 Getting to Know Your iPhone's External Features ...3 Getting to Know Your iPhone's Software ...6 Using Your Fingers to Control Your iPhone ...6 Going Home ...7 Touching the iPhone's Screen ...8 Working with iPhone Apps ...13 Using the Home Screens ...18 Using the iPhone Plus' Split-Screen ...20 Working with the Control Center ...21 Working with the Notification Center ...23 Using Siri Suggestions ...26 Using the Do Not Disturb Mode ...26 Using Airplane Mode ...27 Meeting Siri ...28 Understanding iPhone Status Icons ...30 Turning Your iPhone Off or On ...32 Sleeping/Locking and Waking/Unlocking Your iPhone...32 Signing In To Your Apple ID ...35 Setting the Volume ...36 Chapter 2: Using Your iPhone's Core Features 39 Introducing the Settings App ...40 Using and Configuring Widgets ...40 Accessing Widgets ...40 Configuring the Widget Center ...43 Working with Text ...45 Working with Predictive Text...46 Working with Keyboards ...47 Using Emojis ...48 Correcting Spelling as You Type ...50 Editing Text ...51 Selecting, Copying, Cutting, or Pasting Text ...52 Correcting Spelling After You've Typed ...54 Dictating Text ...55 Searching on Your iPhone ...56 Working with Siri Suggestions ...59 Working with Notifications...61 Working with Visual Notifications ...62 Working with Other Types of Notifications ...65 Configuring Your Notifications ...65 Configuring an App's Notifications ...66 Configuring the Do Not Disturb Mode ...69 Setting an Automatic Do Not Disturb Schedule ...70 Printing from Your iPhone ...72 Working with the Wallet App and Apple Pay ...74 Working with the Wallet App ...75 Adding Passes or Cards to Your Wallet Using an App ...78 Adding Passes or Cards to Your Wallet by Scanning Their Codes ...79 Working with Apple Pay ...80 Adding Credit or Debit Cards to Apple Pay ...82 Managing Apple Pay ...84 Chapter 3: Connecting Your iPhone to the Internet, Bluetooth Devices, and iPhones/iPods/iPads 87 Using Wi-Fi Networks to Connect to the Internet ...88 Connecting to Open Wi-Fi Networks ...88 Connecting to Public Wi-Fi Networks ...92 Disabling Automatic Prompting ...93 Forgetting Wi-Fi Networks ...94 Using Cellular Data Networks to Connect to the Internet ...95 Configuring Cellular Data Use ...98 Using Bluetooth to Connect to Other Devices ... 103 Connecting to Bluetooth Devices ... 103 Connecting Your iPhone to Other iPhones, iPod touches, or iPads ... 106 Using AirDrop to Share Content with Other iPhones, iPod touches, iPads, or a Mac ... 107 Enabling AirDrop ... 108 Using AirDrop to Share Your Content ... 109 Using AirDrop to Work with Content Shared with You ... 111 Chapter 4: Setting Up and Using iCloud and Other Online Accounts 113 Configuring and Using iCloud ... 114 Obtaining an iCloud Account ... 115 Signing In To Your iCloud Account ... 117 Enabling iCloud to Store Your Information on the Cloud ... 119 Configuring iCloud Drive ... 121 Configuring iCloud to Store Photos ... 122 Configuring Your iCloud Backup ... 124 Configuring Your iCloud Keychain ... 125 Performing Advanced Configuration of Your iCloud Account ... 127 Setting Up Other Types of Online Accounts on Your Phone 129 Configuring an Exchange Account ... 129 Configuring a Google Account ... 133 Configuring Other Types of Online Accounts ... 135 Setting Up an Online Account that Isn't Built-in ... 136 Configuring a Facebook Account ... 137 Setting How and When Your Accounts Are Updated ... 139 Configuring How New Data Is Retrieved for Your Accounts ... 140 Chapter 5: Customizing How Your iPhone Works 145 Working with the Settings App ... 146 Using the Settings App on Any iPhone ... 146 Searching for Settings ... 147 Using the Settings App on an iPhone Plus ...
- Author BiographyBrad Miser has written extensively about technology, with his favorite topics being the amazing i devices, especially the iPhone, that make it possible to take our lives with us while we are on the move. In addition to My iPhone, Tenth Edition, Brad has written many other books, including My iPhone for Seniors, Third Edition; and My Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. He has also been an author, development editor, or technical editor for more than 50 other titles. Brad is or has been a sales support specialist, the director of product and customer services, and the manager of education and support services for several software development companies. Previously, he was the lead proposal specialist for an aircraft engine manufacturer, a development editor for a computer book publisher, and a civilian aviation test officer/engineer for the U.S. Army. Brad holds a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and has received advanced education in maintainability engineering, business, and other topics. Brad would love to hear about your experiences with this book (the good, the bad, and the ugly). You can write to him at email@example.com.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.