CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £11.30Trending at £12.33
- £6.49Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £11.32Trending at £12.44
- £6.41Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the elements of Greek mythology, as they appear in Homer's Iliad, to their source in Mycenaean culture, a much earlier period, this book includes conclusions, drawn from a very limited empirical material - archeology and relevant Linear B texts.
- Author BiographyMartin Persson Nilsson (Stoby, Kristianstad County, 12 July 1874 - Lund, 7 April 1967) was a Swedish philologist, mythographer, and a scholar of the Greek, Hellenistic and Roman religious systems. In his prolific studies he combined the literary evidence with the archaeological evidence, linking historic and prehistoric evidence for the evolution of the Greek mythological cycles.
- Author(s)Martin P. Nilsson
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/09/1983
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Out-of-print date08/02/2017
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.