Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.40Trending at £4.73
- £4.58Trending at £4.69
- £4.69Trending at £4.74
- £5.73Trending at £6.29
- £3.79Trending at £6.98
- £4.59Trending at £4.67
- £7.89Trending at £8.26
About this product
- DescriptionApart from the introduction by Fr Stuart, this title consists of passages from St John's own writings. It sets out in continuous and convenient form all the essential points in his teaching.
- Author BiographyST John of the Cross was born near Avila in 1542 and died at Ubeda in 1591. A Carmelite friar, he was an enthusiastic supporter of St Teresa's campaign to restore the original and strict rule. His untiring work to spread the freedom led to imprisonment, during which he wrote his first poem. He was canonized in 1726 and declared a Doctor of the Church in 1926.
- Author(s)John Of the Cross St John of the Cross,St John of the Cross
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- GenreBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byR H J Steuart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.