All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.39Trending at £6.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how the legendary past of Greek Thebes influenced the development of the city's landscape in antiquity.
- Author BiographyDaniel W. Berman is Associate Professor of Greek and Roman Classics at Temple University, Philadelphia. He has published articles on Aeschylus, the city of Thebes, the Dirce spring, the Boeotian poetess Corinna, and related subjects. His first monograph, Myth and Culture in Aeschylus' Seven against Thebes, was published in 2007, and he is the translator from French of a book by Claude Calame, Myth and History in Ancient Greece: The Symbolic Creation of a Colony (2003).
- Author(s)Daniel W. Berman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 maps 1 table
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.