All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWelcomed as the first Western woman to become an Amdo (Tibetan) bride, Kate Karko writes about the relationship the tribespeople have with nature and religion. She writes of her and her husband's travels and illustrates them with photographs to show how life has remained unchanged for centuries.
- Author BiographyKate Karko has a BA (Hons) in Cultural Studies from Portsmouth Polytechnic, a foundation diploma from Winchester School of Art and two years of a BA (Hons) in Constructed Textiles from Middlesex University. She currently mixes writing at home with freelance design for magazines in London and lives in North London with her husband.
- Author(s)Kate Karko
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/06/2001
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- Out-of-print date10/06/2005
- Content Note16 illustrations
- Width195 mm
- Height128 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- nyonow201217 May, 2017by
a wonderful read
This was a really enjoyable book, especially if you like travelogues by intrepid women. Very nicely written also.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.84Trending at £11.22
- £10.48Trending at £10.85
- £4.63Trending at £5.29
- £4.36Trending at £4.82
- £24.94Trending at £25.34
- £13.68Trending at £17.34
- £7.18Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.