Consider these sponsored items
- £32.72Free postage
- £35.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo architects the enduring attraction of narrative is that it offers a way of engaging with the way a city feels and works. Rather than reducing architecture to mere style or an overt emphasis on technology, it foregrounds the experiential dimension of architecture. In practice it is just as easy to be minimalist as maximalist in its execution.
- Author BiographyNigel Coates is an architect, designer and educator. Along with eight of his ex-students, he founded the NATO group in 1983. With Doug Branson he began Branson Coates Architecture in 1985, and together they built extensively in Japan and the UK. He is a prolific product and furniture designer, and has designed for Hitch Mylius, Alessi, Fornasetti and Slamp. His drawings and furniture are in the collection of the V&A. He is the author of several books including Guide to Ecstacity (2003). For over 15 years, Coates was Professor of Architectural Design at the Royal College of Art, London.
- Author(s)Nigel Coates
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- Series TitleArchitectural Design Primer
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width170 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.30
- £56.74Trending at £68.99
- £16.78Trending at £22.84
- £18.13Trending at £19.98
- £37.19Trending at £44.17
- £16.28Trending at £20.28
- £13.77Trending at £14.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.