All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jim Batty
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Weight1009 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1 What's it like... living on a narrowboat? Step aboard... A boat of two halves 2 How safe is it? 3 Is it cold in the winter? Step aboard... A recycled, repurposed narrowboat 4 How much did you pay for your narrowboat? 5 Why do women do all the work? Step aboard... A roving canal trader 6 Did you paint it yourself? 7 How green is living on a boat really? Step aboard... A well-read ark 8 Does he (the cat, dog, parrot) live on the boat? 9 Four canny questions... about continuously cruising How do you receive post? How do you see a doctor? How do you use the internet? How do you hold down a job?
- Author BiographyJim Batty is a photographer, graphic designer and writer who has lived aboard a narrowboat as a continuous cruiser for over six years. He has written for Canal Boat magazine and LeCool's A Weird and Wonderful Guide to London, amongst other publications, and had his photography featured in numerous travel guides, magazines, books and newspapers.
Most relevant reviews
- missvictoriaspo...11 May, 2017by
This book does not disappoint. The sumptuous photographs allow you to get lost in them and imagine the life on a narrowboat . Well recommended.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- chilli_man_mich...17 May, 2017by
This book is both stunning and informative. Beautiful pictures and tells you all about those questions everyone asks! I loved it!
Verified purchase: No
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £6.30Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98