All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScholarship on translation has moved well beyond the technicalities of converting one language into another and beyond conventional translation theory. This title covers a range of topics, from simultaneous translation to legal theory, from the language of exile to the language of new nations, and from the press to the cinema.
- Author BiographySandra Bermann is Professor and Department Chair of Comparative Literature at Princeton University. She is the author of Sonnet over Time: A Study in the Sonnets of Petrarch, Shakespeare, and Baudelaire, and her translation of Allesandro Manzoni's Del romanzo storico appeared as On the Historical Novel. Michael Wood is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Princeton University. He is the author of The Magician's Doubts: Nabokov and the Risks of Fiction (Princeton) and other books on literature and film.
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2005
- Series TitleTranslation/Transnation
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1 halftone.
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMichael Wood,Sandra Bermann
Best-selling in Language
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.