Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.79
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.77Trending at £12.35
- £11.87Trending at £14.50
- £11.98Trending at £15.20
About this product
- Author(s)Alex Inkeles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments Part I-General Orientation 1 National Character: The Study of Modal Personality and Sociocultural Systems Part II-Delineating National Character:German, Russian, American 2 On the German Mind 3 Modal Personality and Adjustment to the Soviet Sociopolitical System 4 Continuity and Change in the American National Character Part III-National Character in Relation to Stability and Change in Sociocultural Systems 5 The Interaction of the Personal and the Sociocultural Systems 6 National Character and Modern Political Systems 7 Rising Expectations: Revolution, Evolution, or Devolution? Part IV-Multi-Nation Comparisons 8 National Differences in Individual Modernity 9 Personal Development and National Development:A Cross-National Perspective 10 Industrialization, Modernization, and The Quality of Life 11 National Character Revisited Index
- Author BiographyAlex Inkele (1920-2010) was professor of sociology at Stanford University, USA, and a senior fellow of the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace. He was the editor of On Measuring Democracy and author of Exploring Individual Modernity, Becoming Modern, and What Is Sociology?
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.