All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insider's guide to Costa Rica.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER P. BAKER has established a career as a travel writer, photographer, and lecturer. He has written several guidebooks about Cuba and Havana, as well as ones on Jamaica, The Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, and California. He is author of National Geographic Traveler: Costa Rica (2000), National Geographic Traveler: Cuba (2007), National Geographic Traveler: Dominican Republic (2008), and National Geographic Adventure Press's Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling through Castro's Cuba (2000). Photographer GILLES MINGASSON grew up in Grenoble, France before moving to Paris to pursue photojournalism. After being sent to the United States on assignment, he made Los Angeles his base. In 1990 Mingasson spent six months bicycling 7,500 miles across the Soviet Union with two cameras (and a serious saddle rash). On the eve of profound changes that few had yet to grasp, he photographed ordinary people who had lived their entire lives under the Soviet state. Today, Mingasson works on feature and travel stories for many clients including Fortune, Reader's Digest, Sky, Elle, and Le Figaro.
- Author(s)Christopher P. Baker
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note120 Colour Photographs, 20 Maps, 4 Illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.