CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £12.83Trending at £19.89
- £4.06Trending at £7.29
- £8.44Trending at £15.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £42.13Trending at £66.03
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a study of nationalist movement and politics in Orissa during the 1920s. This book examines the national movement in the late nineteenth century and the first two decades of the twentieth century prior to the launch of the Civil Disobedience Movement by focusing on regional peculiarities, the Oriya linguistic and cultural identity movement.
- Author BiographyPritish Acharya is a Reader in history at National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and is presently posted at Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar, a constituent of NCERT. As a writer in Oriya, he has published three short story collections Pausa Pahile Jai (1986), Atmalipi (1989) and Patri Anwesana (2001). He has also written two collection of essays Apaninda Upakshana (2004) and Itihasara Samiksha (2007), translated works: Sampradayikta: Ekta Parichaya (2004) of Bipan Chandra, Srilal Shuklanka Ketoti Kahani (2006) of Srilal Shukla, and edited Smrutire Shikshaka (2006). He was awarded the Basanta Milan Puraskar for short story writing in 1986. A regular columnist in Oriya, some of his short stories are translated and published in prestigious Hindi journals like Samakalin Bharatiya Sahitya, Vagarth, Jansatta and Hindustan. Presently, he is working on the writings of Gopabandhu Das-a pioneer of nationalist struggle, basic education, nationalist press and social reforms in Orissa.
- Author(s)Pritish Acharya
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleSage Series in Modern Indian History
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.