Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £30.79Trending at £34.07
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in European Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJohn O'Brennan,Tapio Raunio
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction: Deparliamentarization Through European Integration? Part 1: National Parliaments and European Integration 2. Accountability through National Parliaments: Practice and Problems 3. Interparliamentary Cooperation within Europe 4. European Scrutiny in National Parliaments: Individual Efforts in the Collective Interest 5. National Parliaments in the EU Constitutional Treaty Part 2: National Parliaments in the 'Old' European Union 6. The EU in National Parliaments - Domestic or Foreign Policy? A Study of the Nordic Parliamentary Systems 7. South European National Parliaments and the European Union: An Inconsistent Reactive Revival 8. The French and German Systems of Parliamentary Oversight: Explaining Variations in Participation 9. Scrutiny of EU Legislation in the UK Parliament - The First Thirty Years...and Beyond? 10. Ireland: Enhanced Parliamentary Scrutiny of European Affairs: But is it Effective? Conlan Part 3: National Parliaments in the New Member States 11. The Polish Parliament and EU Affairs: An Effective Actor or an Accidental Hero? 12. The Role of the Hungarian Parliament in EU Policy-Making after Accession to the Union: A Mute Witness or a True Controller? 13. The National Assembly of Slovenia and EU Affairs Before and After Accession 14. The Bulgarian National Assembly and Oversight of the Accession Process 15. Conclusions: National Parliaments in the Enlarged European Union: Learning how to Play the European Game?
- Author BiographyJohn O'Brennan is Lecturer in European Politics in the Department of Politics and Public Administration at the University of Limerick, Ireland. Tapio Raunio is Professor of Political Science at the University of Tampere, Finland.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.