Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.49Trending at £9.99
- £33.99Trending at £37.78
- £5.06Trending at £6.00
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £8.30Trending at £15.98
- £14.49Trending at £20.01
- £9.66Trending at £14.59
About this product
- DescriptionBased on interviews and once-classified documents, this work examines the efforts of Defence, state and interior officials to implement President Kennedy's 1962 policy to bring the islands now known as Micronesia under the United States' sovereignty.
- Author BiographyHOWARD P. WILLENS is a Managing Director of Wilsie Co., LLC. Mr. Willens has practiced law in Washington in both the public and private sectors. He served as Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, Assistant Counsel to the President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy, and as Executive Director of the President's Commission on Crime in the District of Columbia. He assisted the Northern Marianas people in their status negotiations with the United States, 1972-1976, served as lead counsel to the First Marianas Constitutional Convention in 1976, and has represented the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands since 1978 on a variety of status-related issues. DEANNE C. SIEMER is a Managing Director of Wilsie Co. LLC. Ms. Siemer has practiced law in Washington in both the public and private sectors. She served as General Counsel of the Department of Defense, Special Assistant to the Secretary of Energy, and Special Counsel to the President. She supervised a team of lawyers and support personnel at the First Marianas Constitutional Convention in 1976, coauthored a law review analysis of the Marianas Constitution, and served as counsel to the Third Marianas Constitutional Convention in 1995. She is a member of the American Law Institute and served on the Board of Trustees of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
- Author(s)Deanne C. Siemer,Howard P. Willens
- Date of Publication30/06/2000
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.