All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.89Trending at £8.24
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £8.62Trending at £16.98
- £13.91Trending at £18.91
- £19.20Trending at £29.99
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Naser al-Din Shah, who ruled Iran from 1848 to 1896, claimed the title Shadow of God on Earth, his authority rested on pre-modern conceptions of sacred kingship. Between roughly 1870 and 1940, Iran's traditional monarchy was forged into a modern nation-state. This book explores the changes that made possible this transformation of Iran.
- Author BiographyAfshin Marashi is assistant professor of history at California State University at Sacramento.
- Author(s)Afshin Marashi
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note15 illus.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.