All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised edition of: Natural hazards: explanation and integration / Graham A. Tobin and Burrell E. Montz. c1997.
- Author BiographyBurrell E. Montz, PhD, is Professor of Geography in the Department of Geography, Planning, and Environment at East Carolina University. Throughout her career, she has been involved in teaching and research on natural hazards, water resources management, and environmental impact analysis. She has addressed such topics as the effects of flooding on property values, perceptions of risk, and responses to warnings. Dr. Montz has worked in Slovenia and New Zealand, as well as numerous locations throughout the United States. Graham A. Tobin, PhD, is Professor of Geography in the School of Geosciences at the University of South Florida. His research focuses on natural hazards and water resources, addressing issues of human vulnerability, community sustainability and resilience, hazard perception and social networks, environmental impacts, and health conditions in disaster-prone environments. Dr. Tobin has conducted investigations in the United States, United Kingdom, Ecuador, Mexico, and New Zealand, centered on disaster outcomes, evacuation strategies, and recovery associated with floods, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes. Ronald R. Hagelman, III, PhD, is Associate Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Geography at Texas State University. His research interests include natural hazards, disaster reconstruction, historical geography of disasters, urban environmental management, and local food systems. Dr. Hagelman's research, primarily conducted in the U.S. Gulf Coast region, investigates human/social response to acute and chronic changes to environmental conditions. These have included climate change planning, recovery and reconstruction following natural disasters, and sustainability trends in urban environmental management.
- Author(s)Burrell E. Montz,Graham A. Tobin,Ronald R. Hagelman
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication26/04/2017
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.99
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
- £7.36Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.